A trip to Derby for Brentford. 2-0 up and cruising at half time. 2-2 on the final whistle -an absolute disaster of a result for the Bees.
So many questions.
- Should Brentford have put the game to bed by half time
- Second half Derby subs (Sibley and Gregory) and a change in tactics changed the game. But why were Brentford so non-responsive to the change
- Is Thomas Frank a stubborn manager. A principled manager or a good manager who backs his players through thick and thin?
- Are Brentford really big game bottlers?
- How big of an issue is our cobbled together left back issue?
We discuss the survey we carried out which asked for fans’ results till the end of the season and predicted how close they were to predicting promotion for The Bees (beesotted.com/automatics-or-playoffs-brentford-fans-predict-final-championship-table/) with 87/88 points being deemed as the target for achieving automatic promotion at the weekend. And looking at the latest Five Thirty Eight predictions (below), that is still the case.
We then spoke to Rhys Williams who predicted a draw against Derby but was still confident of reaching his predicted 89 points which should see the Bees to 2nd place