Promotion for Brentford summed up in two videos. This is the first video from that momentous day. Check out a preview of the second video by clicking here with interviews with players, Mark Warburton and Matthew Benham

So it’s the day after (after) the night before and I’m sure most of you witnessed the game at Griffin Park yesterday.

Preston and their army of travelling gentry came to London with automatic promotion still a dream but had their flame extinguished by a dominant Brentford team in no mood for slip-ups.

Mark Warburton returned Stuart Dallas and George Saville to his team with Alan Judge dropping back into midfield to replace the banned Forshaw and Diagouraga returning to the bench. Sam Saunders returned briefly to the squad only to suffer a thigh strain and be swapped out for Charlie Adams in a late change.

The game’s pivotal moment came on the half hour mark when a typically neat passing interchange saw George Saville felled in the box. Alan Judge, who had tested the palms of the PNE keeper with a 20 yard humdinger shortly before, found the net to send Griffin Park into spasms of excitement.

Preston, for all the pre-match hype, created little but proved to be solid, physical and somewhat dirty opponents.

Brentford had chances in the second half to double their lead with Clayton Donaldson hitting the post from close range as the ball ricocheted off the keeper for a corner.

With ten minutes remaining, clumsy Bailey Wright gave away his second penalty of the game as he was adjudged to have brought down Donaldson. Here it was. The chance to make life easy. To have ten minutes of pure relief as we roared to promotion.

Alan Judge stepped up once more, at the same end as the “Trotta moment” that some of you may just remember from last season. He looked confident. Assured. He slipped and blazed the ball over. Oh bugger.

Preston mustered a bit of pressure in the remaining minutes but, fortunately, nothing too sinister and, with Orient losing at Crawley it looked like Brentford were up.

Cue a flurry of goals from Rotherham at Wolves to put things briefly on pause before news filtered through of 5th and 6th goals from the home team at Molineux. Unbridled joy at Griffin Park. Men hugging men. OAPs bouncing up and down. Even some tears.

As the ref blew his final whistle Bees fans took to the pitch (avoiding the slippy penalty spot) to celebrate our triumphant return to the second tier after a 21 year absence.

It has been a great season, with some fantastic football on display coupled by some real steel – the performances of Douglas, Craig, Tarkowski and McCormack yesterday embodied this will to win.

As the fans poured out to the local pubs they were joined in The Lord Nelson by the players for a happy evening that will live long in the memory. Special times at a special club.

We’ve got three games remaining. Enjoy them. Hopefully we won’t be visiting Colchester or Milton Keynes for a while.

Credit to Matthew Benham, Mark Warburton and Uwe Rosler for putting this squad together – I’m confident there are more good times ahead.

Come on you Reds.

Bees – Button, Bidwell, Craig, LuckyHuskey, Mac, Judge, Saville (Toumani), JD, Donaldson, Trotta (Reeves), Dallas (Grigg)